Roulette Fun Games Online
Free Roulette Games - Getting to Grips with the Rules. As online casino games go, free roulette is one of the easiest to learn, and amongst the most fun for both new and experienced players to play. Free roulette games FAQ How to play free roulette online? Playing free roulette games online is very simple. Just choose a game you like from our selection of free roulette games, click to open it, and you should be ready to place your first bet. After doing that, just press the spin button and wait for the result.
- Free Roulette Games For Fun
- Play For Fun Roulette
- Fun Roulette Online Game Download
- American Roulette Online For Fun
- Roulette Fun Games online, free
- Roulette Fun Games Online
- Online Roulette Games For Free
More and more people can legally enjoy roulette games online.
Whether you enjoy free roulette for entertainment or gamble for high stakes, there are options for you. With competition between the casinos in regulated states, you will find big bonuses and loyalty rewards for players of all bankroll levels. Games are available on your desktop or mobile device.
This page has everything you need to enjoy online roulette games safely. You will find an overview of real money roulette games, bonuses and roulette apps below. At the end of the page, a FAQ will answer all your questions.
Best online casinos for real money roulette
Play free roulette online
Playing online roulette for real money
Head to your local casino and you will need to bet the minimum stakes to enjoy roulette. Stakes go up on weekends, with $5 to $10 on outside bets typically the smallest bets available. Head online, and you can play real money roulette for much smaller stakes. This gives you all the enjoyment (and chance to go on a winning streak) without the risk.
Improvements in network speeds have allowed for a new generation of online roulette games. Live dealer roulette lets you bet on a real game happening in real time, streamed from a studio. You can interact with the dealers and other players, giving this real money roulette option a social component.
The best online casinos offer welcome bonuses and ongoing rewards to roulette players. A 100% deposit matching bonus will get your bankroll off to a great start. Some casinos offer free play for new customers. While this is usually for slots, you can always head to the roulette games with the money you win with the free play.
For players who enjoy roulette regularly, it will pay to compare the loyalty reward programs of online casinos. Those loyalty points, reload bonuses and one-off promotions will make a huge difference to your bankroll over time.
How online casino bonuses work for roulette
When you first see online casino bonuses, they look similar. Many casinos offer a 100% match on your first deposit — sometimes over multiple deposits in a specified timeframe. The amount matched varies. The biggest welcome bonuses can reach $1,000 or more.
It is important to look at the terms and conditions of bonus deals. There are major differences covering the playthrough requirements, the type of games you can play to redeem your bonus and how long you have to meet your total.
Here is a checklist for roulette players:
- Is roulette allowed? Some casinos exclude roulette from the games permitted for bonus clearing altogether. Others will allow only a portion of wagers to count toward clearing.
- What is the playthrough requirement? All casino bonuses specify the number of times you need to bet the bonus money before cashing out. This can vary widely.
- How is roulette weighted? Slots contribute 100% toward clearing your bonuses. Roulette can be anything from 25% to 2% — depending on the casino. This can make a huge difference.
- Are specific bets excluded? Many casinos will state that covering too many outcomes is “bonus abuse” and will void your welcome bonus. An example is covering both red and black (with a small bet on the zeros). Look out for brands that don’t allow outside bets.
- How long will the bonus last? When you combine playthrough requirements with weightings, the requirements you must meet can be extensive. This makes the time allowed to complete your bets a key factor. Avoid roulette bonuses that expire too quickly.
Here are some examples of good offers at regulated casinos:
Golden Nugget Casino: This New Jersey / Michigan online casino gives you $10 free if you sign up with bonus code PLAYBONUS. There is also a matched deposit bonus of up to $1,500, plus 200 free slot spins. You can clear the no deposit bonus by wagering it 20x. Roulette is included, with your bets weighted at 25%. The deposit bonus needs to be wagered 10x.
BetMGM Casino: This casino is available in multiple regulated states. It offers an easy $25 no deposit bonus, plus $1,000 matched to your first deposit. Use bonus code PLAYNJFREE to claim these bonuses. You can clear both by playing roulette. The no deposit bonus has a simple 1x wagering requirement with no weightings for table games. The matched welcome offer has a 15x wagering requirement.
Free roulette vs. real money roulette
You can enjoy roulette for free online. This can be to learn the rules or practice different betting strategies — or simply for entertainment. When you switch over to real money roulette, the spin of the wheel gets a whole lot more exciting. Even at the smallest stakes, having some real money on the line adds interest to your spins.
Advantages of free roulette games:
- Play a casino classic without risking any money.
- Try out different combinations of bets.
- Try out different roulette betting strategies.
- Find out which roulette variation works best for you.
Advantages of real money roulette games:
- The chance to win big adds excitement to your spins.
- Clear casino bonuses while you play.
- Enjoy live dealer roulette variations online.
- Take part in promotions and receive loyalty rewards.
Choosing the right online roulette game
Not all roulette games have the same odds. In fact, the house edge of one game can be nearly twice as high as one that looks almost the same.
The difference is in the number of green segments on the wheel. These are the zero and double-zero slots. With a single zero, the game has a house edge of 2.7%; add one more and this shoots up to 5.26%. You will find these marked as European (single zero) and US (double zero) at many casinos. When it comes to the odds, it is always better to choose the European wheel.
You will also find French roulette at some online casinos. This variation uses a European single zero wheel and features an extra benefit. Any time the ball lands in the zero slot, you get a 50% return of stakes placed on 50/50 outcomes. The effect on the house edge depends on what percentage of your bets are on outside chances compared to single numbers and combinations. If you bet only on the 50/50 chances, then the house edge is a tiny 1.35%.
Casino apps with roulette
Online casinos let you access their games via apps or websites. The web-based versions will respond automatically to your screen size, allowing for mobile play. If an app is available, you can be sure that the roulette games on it have been optimized for smaller screens.
Before you install a mobile casino app, you need to make sure you are getting the best available bonus. You can do this by following our links to the regulated casinos — and following the app installation instructions from there.
If you are using an iPhone or an iPad, the casino will direct you to the Apple App Store to complete your download. For Android roulette players, you will need to install the app from the casino website. Google does not yet allow real money roulette apps in its store — even though such apps are fully legal in regulated states. Downloading from the casino is safe and easy. You will need to accept the download from an “unknown source” to complete the process.
Apps allow you to claim your bonus, deposit real money and enjoy a range of games in addition to roulette. You will find that slots, blackjack and video poker are popular options.
If you are not in a state with regulated online casinos, then sweepstakes casino apps are a legal alternative. These turn casino games into mini-sweepstakes contests. They remain legal by offering free games and giving you “free” sweepstakes entries (chips for the real casino options) when you make purchases of the play-money chips.
Legal online casinos with roulette
It is now legal to enjoy online casinos in multiple states. There are regulated brands already operating in a number of states including New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In these regulated states, online casino and sports betting giants have partnered with local brick and mortar casinos. They have produced mobile casino apps and websites that use geolocation to work only within state lines.
In turn, the casino brands curate a list of games from software houses like IGT and NetEnt. These include multiple roulette options. Bigger brands set up studios in live casinos. This allows them to provide live dealer casino games.
Below is an overview of the roulette options at online casinos in three of the regulated states.
NJ roulette sites
- Golden Nugget Casino: You will find the roulette options under the table games tab in the lobby. Live dealer tables and software-based options are available. You’ll find European and French roulette games and advanced (racetrack betting) roulette. Novelty titles include bonus spin roulette, 100-to-1 roulette and three-wheel roulette.
- Caesars Casino: This casino has a separate roulette tab in the lobby, revealing nine options. One takes you to the live dealer lobby. The others are 100-to-1 roulette, three-wheel roulette, French roulette, Double Bonus Spin roulette and a selection of US and European wheels.
- Virgin Casino: You’ll find a small selection of table games at Virgin Casino. You can win community jackpots on any game. Options include American, European and French roulette. This casino does not have a live dealer option.
PA roulette sites
- BetMGM Casino:MGM partnered with Hollywood Casino in Pennsylvania. The online casino features multiple roulette variations, including black and yellow roulette and European roulette pro as well as the regular US- and European-style wheels. Advanced roulette includes the racetrack betting options, and French roulette has the best odds.
- DraftKings Casino: You will find lessons on how to bet on roulette games at this casino. DraftKings has novelty games that include basketball roulette and spooky roulette, which has a Halloween theme. You will also find live dealer roulette options at this casino.
- Unibet Casino: You will find a live dealer room at Unibet Casino, featuring games dealt in real time while you bet through your desktop or mobile device. It has exclusive Diamond Series software-based games, EU roulette, French roulette and advanced roulette options to choose from.
WV roulette sites
- BetMGM Casino: If you check the roulette tab at BetMGM in West Virginia, only four games appear. There is one more — the Irish themed Luck o’ the Roulette — under the table games tab. Your regular options are black and yellow roulette, plus American and European wheels. There is no live dealer option at this casino in WV.
- DraftKings Casino: With free casino credits up to $35, there are more reasons than just the roulette games to check out DraftKings in WV. You can enjoy a selection that includes European and US wheels, plus the sport-themed basketball roulette, spooky roulette and other novel variations.
MI roulette sites
- BetMGM Casino: The table games tab on BetMGM Michigan is nicely separated into rows of different game types, so it’s easy to see that there are four different roulette games that are available. Naturally, BetMGM offers both American and European-style roulette wheel variants. There are also the Black & Yellow and Luck o’ the Roulette options.
- FanDuel Casino: FanDuel Casino is a tab from the site’s sportsbook, and, in turn, roulette has its own tab in the casino. Although it seems likely that FanDuel will add to the selection in the near future, there are two American roulette options and a European roulette option from which to choose.
- Golden Nugget Casino: Golden Nugget Casino has one of the finest online casino sites in the land. For roulette players, there are all of the standard options that you’d expect. There is also a 100/1 game which pays out 100-1 on single number hits. Finally, Golden Nugget is almost certain to have a live dealer roulette game before too long.
How do sweepstakes casinos work?
Sweepstakes contests are legal in nearly every state, often taking the form of marketing promotions like draws and contests. Casinos have been using these laws to offer slots and table games since 2016.
To stay legal, sweepstakes casino bands like Chumba Casino, LuckyLand Slots and Funzpoints can’t sell you chips to gamble with. Instead, they give you them for free — when you buy a different currency that you use for play-money gaming.
You then use the “free” redeemable currency to play games — which are treated as fast sweepstakes contests. If you win while playing with the redeemable currency, you can swap your winnings for real cash prizes and legally withdraw the money to your bank account.
There are big jackpots to be won — though the selection of table games is more limited.
What to look for in an online roulette casino
When you choose an online casino, there are many factors besides the bonus deals to compare. They include the types of games, which ones are available on your phone, whether the casino has live dealer options and the legal status of each brand.
This list expands on some of those key factors to consider:
- Roulette variations available: Most casinos will have a US wheel and a European wheel. The variations expand rapidly from there. You can find French roulette, multi-wheel games, mini-wheels design for smartphones, roulette games with progressive jackpots, multiplayer games and live dealer options. The quality of graphics will also vary between games, with some having 3D effects and realistic betting surfaces.
- Bonuses and promotions: Casinos in regulated states often use free play bonuses to attract new players. You should also compare welcome (deposit) bonuses, promotions and loyalty programs. The best casinos work hard to keep loyal players well rewarded. If your current casino does not offer regular promotions, it is time to switch.
- Mobile games/apps: For the best experience on your smartphone, you should download a casino app. There are big differences in the number of roulette games available on these apps compared to the options on the desktop/browser casino sites. You also can try out responsive browser casinos on your phone; many will work perfectly after automatically adjusting to your screen size.
- Live dealer roulette: Casino table games that are dealt in real time are massively popular. They have a social element (via text) and are visibly fair. Some of the biggest brands in regulated states have set up live dealer studios. Smaller casino brands may not have this option.
- Legal and regulated: While many people choose to gamble at offshore casinos, you get zero protection in the (all too frequent) event that your money or bonus disappears. This gives regulated/legal casinos a huge edge. You will know your money is safe and that you have a way to complain if you feel you have been treated unfairly.
- Customer support: It is worth checking the reputation of any online roulette site for support before you play. Casinos offer telephone support, instant chat options and email. Friendly and helpful staff to assist with deposits, questions and withdrawals can make the difference between a good casino and a great one.
Live dealer roulette online
You can now re-create the feeling of playing roulette in a brick and mortar casino online. Live dealer casino games are hugely popular. They work by streaming a view of a real roulette table in real time to casino websites and apps. You can verify that the action is live by interacting with the croupier and other players via text chat. Dealers will reply verbally, as they are busy spinning the ball or dealing cards.
A key factor for live dealer roulette is that the games are timed. You bet by dragging and dropping chips onto an overlay of the roulette betting surface. When “no more bets” is called, the ball is spun and winning bets are automatically settled. You can “rebet” or switch numbers each time. If you miss the deadline, the ball spins without your wagers.
In addition to games with a dealer, live dealer casinos often feature auto-roulette. This is a real physical wheel that spins automatically at set intervals.
Roulette odds: the truth in numbers
Roulette has an inherent house advantage of 5.26%. This means that if one bets $100 anywhere on the felt, the player’s expected return is $94.74.
Hold percentage is naturally higher than house advantage. This is because players do not have the bankroll or time to beat the casino in the long run.
Furthermore, roulette affords opportunities to win many multiples of one’s wager, like three, eight, or up to 35 times players’ initial wager. But players can also lose those profits quickly. While other table games have specific wagers manufactured within them that are (in terms of expected value) worse for the player, roulette is generally known by the gambling community to be one of the less friendly games to gambling bankrolls.
A very key point is that every possible wager is equally disadvantageous to the player. A $10 bet on 00 or RED or EVEN would carry the same negative expected value of -$0.526 (fifty-two point six cents).
The house edge on roulette
Before jumping into the concepts of the gambler’s fallacy, independent events, and mutual exclusivity, it helps to establish a clear thesis that the only way to (legally) affect the casino’s advantage is to play only old-fashioned European Roulette. (It has only one green zero on the felt.)
A fair motto might be the fewer zeros, the better. The standard roulette wheel today, sometimes differentiated as American Roulette, features a zero and double zero. If there are 38 numbers on the felt, but a wager on exactly the correct number pays 35-1, the casino has a 5.26% house advantage on the game.
It’s a little simple math — don’t be alarmed:
- Odds of 35-1 means there are 36 total parts.
- 36/38 = .9474
- 1 – .9474 = .0526
- = 5.26%.
You can see how on a single roulette wheel, the house advantage is 2.7%. On the unfortunate Sands Roulette, it’s 7.7 %. Conclusion: don’t play triple zero roulette.
It’s important for gamblers to understand that each roulette spin is an independent event. That means previous spins do not impact the odds or probability going forward. There are 38 possible outcomes on a typical double zero roulette game. Eighteen are red, 18 black, and two are green.
There is an 18/38, or about a 47.4%, chance the ball will land on a red or black number. What is the probability that the ball will land on a red number if the past 10 spins landed on red? What if the last 12 spins were black? It’s always 47.4 %, independent from any past or future spins.
This author, his host, and sponsors clearly and absolutely decry any form of cheating. That said, it would be unfair to ignore in a historical context how players have gained an edge by recording wheel bias.
Ultimately, roulette wheels are man-made. While today’s wheels are manufactured with computer precision, in a past era, the most astute gambler may have been able to record and exploit some of the smallest biases in wheel imperfections.
Online roulette FAQ
What is the best online roulette site?
A large element of the “best” site comes down to personal preference. There are some significant factors aside from the software, games and deposit options that separate online casinos. Bonuses (including ongoing promotions) can be a big factor, alongside the app and service. A popular pick in multiple regulated states is DraftKings Casino. This brand has multiple roulette options like live dealer games, basketball roulette and pro wheels with enhanced graphics.
Which online roulette game has the best odds?
If you can find a site with French roulette, this should be your go-to game. This variant uses a European wheel with a single green zero. If you hit that zero, then you get half of your stake back for any 50% (black/red or odd/even). Some variants of French roulette keep your bet in place for another spin instead. The odds of online roulette are as follows:
- American wheel (double zero): 5.26%
- European wheel (single zero): 2.7%
- French roulette: 1.35% (for 50/50 bets only) otherwise 2.7%
Some live casinos are now introducing games with a “triple zero.” This offers terrible odds and should be avoided whenever possible.
Can you make money playing roulette online?
Many systems claim to be able to beat roulette games. They use progressive betting, often alongside complex patterns. While these can reduce variance in the short-term, they cannot beat the house edge over time. Casinos would not offer a game that was beatable.
Free Roulette Games For Fun
You can enjoy bonus money and promotions while playing roulette, which can put the odds of winning in your favor for a while. Over time, the house edge is baked into this game. Play for entertainment and enjoy the wins whenever they come.
Is online roulette rigged?
A great reason to stick to the regulated/legal casinos is that you can be sure that the outcome of wheel spins is fair. This is controlled by random number generator software — which is regularly audited as part of the licensing requirement in all states with legal gambling.
Games like roulette are tested over millions of spins to ensure that the outcome is random.
If you asked anyone to name a classic casino game, it would be a fair bet that one of the first names they would come up would be roulette. Roulette has a history stretching back all the way to the 18th century in France, and today it is enjoyed by more people than it ever was.
In online roulette, there are several different versions, with the most popular being American, European and French roulette. You can find further variations with a modern twist, such as games with more than one ball, or even more than one wheel.
This page focuses on the American (double zero) roulette game. First up, the differences between American roulette and the other versions are detailed, before discussing the house edge.
Next the online version of the game available at real money casinos in NJ, PA and elsewhere is covered. This page ends with a look at roulette strategy and some of the myths surrounding it.
If you want to play American roulette for free online, check out the game above. If you run out of credits, simply refresh your browser.
Play For Fun Roulette
Play Online Roulette Games
How does American roulette work?
An American roulette wheel has 38 equal-sized divisions. First there are the numbers 1 through 36. These are joined by a pair of zeros – featuring the numbers ‘0’ and ‘00’. In other versions of the game, such as European and French roulette wheels, you’ll find just a single zero.
In roulette there are more than twenty different bets you can place. Here are some of the most popular you can place and the odds you’ll receive when successful:
- Red or Black: Choose which color the ball will land in and you’ll win at odds of 1:1
- Odd or Even: Land the same winning odds of 1:1 when choosing correct.
- High or Low: Predict whether the ball will land in 1-18 (low) or 19-36 (high) at odds of 1:1
- Columns: Place a bet on one of the three columns on the betting layout, at odds of 2:1
- Dozens: Place a bet on the ball landing on 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36 at odds of 2:1
- Straight Up: Bet on any number. Pick correctly and you win at odds of 35:1
- Split: Place your chips between two numbers. Land either and you’ll win at odds of 17:1
- Corner: Similar to the split bet, except you’ll place the chip between 4 numbers. Win at odds of 8:1
How do the house odds compare to other versions of roulette?
The size of the house edge plays a very important in roulette. In American roulette the house edge is 5.26%. This is high in comparison to other roulette variations where the house edge is 2.7% in European roulette and can go as low as 1.35% (bet dependent in the French version).
Fun Roulette Online Game Download
In some places you can find a wheel with three zeros which can push that house edge as high as 7.89%. Of course, there can be a feeling of patriotism in playing the American version, which might make you more likely to want to play this game.
Playing American roulette online
American Roulette Online For Fun
One of the most popular versions of American roulette is from NetEnt and can be played at online casinos in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. This is an eye-catching game where you’ll find an impressive-looking dark roulette wheel spinning slowly in the upper portion of the screen.
The wheel is large enough to make all of the numbers perfectly clear, while leaving a sizable amount of room for the large betting lay out below.
At the bottom of the screen you’ll find the betting denominations. To place a bet, you’ll simply drag one of the bet amounts across to the betting layout and then drop it wherever you’d like to.
Handily, when placing a bet such as 1-18 or Even, all of the selected numbers will be highlighted. This is especially good for players who are playing online roulette for the first time.
You can place as many bets as your bankroll allows, meaning there is nothing to stop you placing odd/even bets, straight bets, corner bets and splits on the same spin of the wheel.
Having placed all of your bets, there are a few options open to you. Book of dead game. If you’re feeling lucky you can hit the x2 button to instantly double up all your bets. An ‘undo last bet’ option is there if you’ve made a mistake with your previous bet, while the ‘clear all bets’ option does exactly as it says.
The ‘Rebet’ option is a handy one if you like to place a particular bet again and again. The final option is the ‘Spin’ button which sets the white ball in motion – the most exciting part of the game!
Hot/Cold numbers and roulette systems
To the right of the wheel you can see the ‘hot’ and ‘cold’ numbers. Some people like to bet on the numbers considered ‘hot’, seeing them as the lucky ones for that session.
Others like to bet ‘cold’ numbers figuring they are now due to hit. The reality is that each spin is independent, so no number is more likely to be hit than any other, but if it works for you, then go ahead.
Roulette Fun Games online, free
There are some who will talk about sure-fire systems that will help you beat roulette. You’ll see those online – often promising to aid you in beating the game.
The fact is, there is a house edge in roulette, and this ensures that the casino (whether online or live) will have the advantage. This doesn’t mean that in the short term you can’t make a profit, while if you’re real lucky you can also make a profit in the long term.
However, there is no way to beat the game of roulette. If there was, live and online casinos wouldn’t offer the game – they would all have gone bust.
Live dealer American roulette
Roulette Fun Games Online
Some casinos in regulated states offer live dealer roulette casinos. You can play American roulette online based on the spin of a real wheel.
Online Roulette Games For Free
Live dealer rooms work by streaming the games in real time and giving you a betting overlay that follows the standard roulette betting grid. The social interaction makes these games popular – though you need to place your bets before the dealer says ‘no more bets’ like in a brick and mortar setting.
American roulette is one of the most popular casino table games. You’ll find this online as well as in brick and mortar casinos. With the range of betting options available, this is a game that is high on variety. While there are more favorable games in terms of house edge, playing the ‘American’ game will certainly appeal to many.
You can enjoy American roulette at online casinos in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey right now. As long as you are within the state lines, you’ll be able to play, whichever state you’re from. Give American roulette a spin today.
Roulette Fun Games Online