Gamblers Anonymous Phone Number
- Are you concerned about how the gambling of a loved one is affecting your life?
- Is the gambling of someone dear to you creating anxiety and worry?
- Are you having financial problems due to the gambling of a loved one or family member?
- Are you in financial turmoil or emotional distress and not sure why? Could gambling be the reason?
- Are you worried about the emotional health and/or financial security of a loved one who is gambling?
- Gamblers Anonymous Meetings
- Gambling Anonymous Phone Number
- Gamblers Anonymous Las Vegas Phone Number
- Gamblers Anonymous Hawaii
Gam-Anon is a 12 Step self-help fellowship of men and women who have been affected by the gambling problem of another. We understand as perhaps few can. We are familiar with worry and sleepless nights and promises made only to be broken.
We believe that a change in our attitudes is of boundless helps to us as well as to our gamblers. PO Box 307, Massapequa Park, NY 11762 Phone: 718-352-1671. . Gamblers Anonymous (www.gamblersanonymous.org) Is fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem. Gam-Anon (www.gam-anon.org).
We may have become fearful and uncertain as to how to cope with the deterioration in our lives and our relationships, the financial problems, and the debts caused by the gambling. We know that living with the effects of another's gambling can often be too devastating to bear without help.
With the help of Gam-Anon, we find our way back to a normal way of thinking and living, whether or not our loved ones continue to gamble. We believe that a change in our attitudes is of boundless helps to us as well as to our gamblers.
Gam-Anon is not a religious organization or a counseling agency. It is not a treatment center nor is it allied with any organization offering such services. No dues or fees are required. Membership is voluntary, requiring only that one's own life has been affected by someone else's gambling problem.
PURPOSES OF GAM-ANONTurbo slots.
Gamblers Anonymous Meetings
1. To welcome and give assistance and comfort to those affected by someone else's gambling problem.
2. To communicate Gam-Anon's understanding of compulsive gambling and its impact on our lives.
3. To share our experience, strength, and hope in coping with the gambling problem.
4. To use the Steps and Tools of the Gam-Anon program which nurture our spiritual and emotional growth and recovery.
If gambling is causing a problem in your life we encourage you to ask questions, gather information and conduct research on the type of help that is most appropriate for your situation. This information is intended to be a starting point—it is not a complete list of information or services.
FIND HELP IN YOUR STATE NOW, including counseling, treatment, self-help and support groups:
National Problem Gambling Helpline
Virginia Council on Problem Gambling
900 E. Leigh St, 7th Fl, Ste 7031
Richmond, VA 23298
Email: [email protected]
OTHER STATE RESOURCES
• Virginia Department of Health is responsible for general health and/or addiction services in this state, and may also have information on problem gambling.
• For the fact sheet on gambling and problem gambling in Virginia, click here.
Self Help Resources
Gambling Anonymous Phone Number
• Gamblers Anonymous (www.gamblersanonymous.org)
Is fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem.
• Gam-Anon (www.gam-anon.org)
Is a self-help organization for the spouse, family or close friends of compulsive gamblers.
• GamTalk (www.gamtalk.org)
Is a 24/7 moderated online peer support forum.
Please visit our Screening Tools page to access three problem gambling assessment tools. It is important to note that these screens are not a diagnosis and DO NOT replace a face-to-face evaluation with a trained clinical professional.
• The Brief Biosocial Gambling Screen (BBGS). A 3-item survey designed to help people decide on their own whether to seek a formal evaluation of their gambling behavior.
• DSM-5 Addictive Gambling Criteria. The American Psychiatric Association guidelines used for the medical diagnosis of addictive gambling.
• NORC Diagnostic Screen for Gambling Problems. This simple self test will help you to evaluate your gambling behavior. Just answer 10 questions adapted from the DSM IV criteria.
OTHER TREATMENT RESOURCES
• Certified Gambling Counselor Directory
• Treatment Facility List
Gamblers Anonymous Las Vegas Phone Number
In addition to the resources listed above, there are many additional resources for problem gamblers throughout the National Council on Problem Gambling site.
• Resources page pulls together information and links about our State Affiliates, U.S. and international resources, awareness promotion, state problem gambling services, financial issues, and much more.
Gamblers Anonymous Hawaii
• Celebrate & Inspire – In order to get beyond the statistics and provide a more personal and individual picture of this issue, this section features the stories of individuals who have been affected by problem gambling, including problem gamblers and their family members, friends, colleagues and employers; treatment providers; advocates; and any others.
Gamblers Anonymous Phone Number