309 total views, 0 views today
We all know that “Nobody Is Perfect” but we can still be as good as we can and as best as we can. All parents want to be the best parents in the whole world and they will give all the things that their children want as possible as they can. Being a parent isn’t that easy at all. I experienced baby sitting and I promise it is very hard especially when you’re the kind of person that has low patience like me then you’re not qualified. Baby sitting is already hard what more when you’re already a parent? Will you survive?
I always thank God for giving me the right direction and for giving a lesson each and everyday that being a parent is difficult especially at my age. I have a lot of friends that are already experiencing pregnancy and some are already a mother. Until now I can’t still believe that they already have a baby, they’re all too young. Thank God I’m not one of them but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to have a baby of course I do I just don’t want it right now. I have many plans and dreams and I still want to enjoy my teenage life.
Since I already experienced taking care of babies and kids (my cousins), I have here some lessons that I’ve learned.
- Kids, they are really hard to be with especially when you get easily irritated with them. You need to have a very long patience.
- Teach them right or wrong, what’s good and what’s bad, what’s the best thing to do or say in a situation like this and like that. They don’t know what’s good or bad so you should teach them before getting mad.
- Learn to play with them but with limitation. They still need to respect and treat you as their parent and not as their playmate.
- When they do something bad, correct them as soon as possible because it will be hard for you to correct them if they already got used to do that “bad things”.
- Learn to say “NO” and mean it. When there are things that they want to have and you can’t just give it, say “NO” and mean it because if you don’t mean it they will continue to do it. As much as possible explain everything for them to understand.
- Lastly, give them all the love in the world and introduce God.
Correct me if I’m wrong since I’m not yet a parent but these are the lessons that I’ve learned during baby sitting and there still more, there’s a lot of them and that’s for you to find out. Good luck!
Image Credit: old.wallcoo